Thursday, November 13, 2008

Waiting...(A letter from Cosette)

There are seasons, in life, as well as in the atmosphere. This isn't a new concept, but one which has been a constant affliction of mankind since Adam and Eve's first experience with a new season. (I'm sure getting kicked out of paradise to fend for yourself in the harsh realities of this world was like going from the best day in Spring to the worst Winter day ever.)

Well, what does that have to do with this blog? It's a metaphor for the changes my parents are about to experience. I hope they aren't thinking of my birth as the worst Winter day ever; however I'm sure they must be marching toward that day with some apprehension.

The title of this letter is fitting, because while they are waiting for me to finally arrive; I am also waiting anxiously to meet them too. To begin the journey which God has planned for me and fulfill the destiny he has for me. His was the first voice I heard, when he told me he loved me and had a plan for my life...I hope he doesn't leave once I am born...

So many questions fill my little brain:

"Who am I? Why am I alive? Who are these people God has sent me to? Will they protect me? What do they look like? Why did God choose them, over everyone else? Do they love me, even though they have never seen me? Will they still love me after they have..."

I hope they do...Oh how I hope they do...

No comments:

Post a Comment